WE RESPECT YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY
Urbandale is committed to keeping your personal information private. Any information that we collect will be used for the sole purpose of assessing your housing needs. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As an Urbandale customer, you may be asked to provide us with personal information relating to the lease or purchase of a property or for the ensuing delivery of services such as repairs and maintenance, deficiencies, etc. You may also be providing us with information regarding your financial and employment status in order to facilitate a rental application or property sale.
We ask for your personal information so that we may:
- Respond to your requests for product information.
- Complete business transactions with you and provide appropriate levels of service following the completion of a transaction such as a suite rental, lease or sale.
- Share personal information that we collect with other service providers, such as utilities, banking institutions, and credit agencies, as well as trades and contractors, etc. who perform various functions to assist in our delivery of service to you.
- Provide personal information if necessary to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes or to the owners of properties we are providing management services to.
- From time to time, provide personal information to a third party in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Use personal information at an aggregate level to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services and to enhance our marketing efforts.
- Share your personal information within the Urbandale group of companies to cross promote products and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
Other than as set forth above, Urbandale will not otherwise use or disclose any of your personal information except to the extent reasonably necessary to: (i) process your information and to correct technical problems and malfunctions in the Web site or the computer systems supporting the Web site; (ii) protect the security and integrity of the Web site; (iii) protect the rights and property of Urbandale and others; (iv) take precautions against liability; (v) respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third-parties; (vi) respond to judicial or administrative process or otherwise comply with applicable law; and (vii) to assist law enforcement agencies in connection with investigations or matters related to public safety. We prohibit the sale or transfer of your personal information with third parties for any other purposes than those identified, without your consent, unless it is required by law. When we collect personal information from you we will make you aware of the purpose(s) for collecting, using or disclosing the information and obtain your consent in an appropriate fashion consistent with the sensitivity of the information. If you wish to withdraw your consent for one or more purposes, please notify the Urbandale customer service office. Please note that this may limit our ability or prevent us from providing you with the products or services you desire. We will rely on you to keep us informed of any changes in your personal information. If you believe that the personal information that we hold is incorrect, please contact the Urbandale customer service office serving you to request a correction or to view your file. Appropriate measures are in place to protect the privacy of your personal information against loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Our staff members are sensitive to the nature of the Urbandale does NOT collect individually identifiable data from our web site, other than information that you choose to provide via an electronic mail message. Even when you choose to give us this information, it is kept confidential. Like most web sites, we do use log files. When guests visit the Urbandale web site, we collect some basic information regarding the use of our site. Information collected includes the amount of traffic visiting the site, which pages are visited and for how long. This information does not identify individual users. It is used only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns and to improve the quality of our site for your use and enjoyment. Third Party Website Links The Urbandale web site contains links to other web sites Urbandale is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites. Furthermore, a link to another web site does not mean that Urbandale endorses, controls or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of said web site.
We may also be using personal information collected prior to and after January 1, 2004 for purpose described above to advise our customers of new and existing services and benefits that the Urbandale Group of Companies may offer. We understand, however, that you may prefer not to learn more about our valuable services and products. If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from us regarding our products and services, please advise us of your wishes via our Contact page.